Friday, March 8, 2013

Happy Women's Day!




Although it is spoken here in the US, Women's Day just doesn't seem to have the same significance as it does internationally.  I remember when I went to live in Italy.  I had been there only a day or two when I discovered how big Women's Day really is in other countries.  There were street vendors selling flowers, chocolates, balloons, etc all over the place.  It was like Valentines day all over again!   I have to admit I had no idea what they were celebrating.  I had to ask.  People couldn't believe I didn't know.

So, a suggestion to host families and Local Area Representatives: take a moment to recognize your au pair and do something special for her (a flower, a box of chocolates, a phone call or email, etc)--it will mean so much to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment