Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Olympic Games

If you are like me, you are probably enjoying the wonderful opportunity to see the world join together for the Olympic Games.  I love to watch not only to cheer on the US teams, but to learn more about other countries, people, and cultures.  It's amazing to see the passion and commitment each team has.  I also love to watch friendships and respect develop between the athletes from opposing countries.



My children have been so blessed to have the opportunity to cheer for the US teams, as well as my husband's home country of Brazil.  They have really enjoyed cheering the Brazilian soccer team on and I can see a sense of pride in them as they say "That's where my daddy came from!"

If you have an au pair, this is a wonderful opportunity for a great American Cultural Exchange--for both you and her.  Watching the Olympics together can help give you both a better perspective on each other's countries.  Your children will learn so much when asking questions and gaining a love for not only their own country but for their au pair's as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment