Thursday, January 24, 2013

Infant Care

If you're like me, you are protective over your infant.  I won't let just anyone take care of my sweet baby.  I need to be sure that they have experience with babies and that they feel comfortable taking care of them.  It's a lot different to take care of a 5 year old compared to a 5 month old.

That's why I think it's such a relief to parents that not only can they choose the au pair with the experience that meets their specific needs, but the Department of State goes one step farther in requiring that all children under age 2 can only be matched with an au pair with a minimum of 200 hours of care for children under 2--and it cannot be an infant that they are related to.  So, when host families are looking at applications, they know that the applicants they are reviewing have already been screened and have the infant experience they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment