Wednesday, January 30, 2013

New to the Area





It never fails, I am always finding new reasons as to why an au pair is such a great childcare option.  I recently moved to a new city.  I no longer live near my friends that I could call on for childcare help. 

Whether you stay at home, work outside the home, are married, or single, there are so many things an au pair could do to help out during and after a move. In addition to the obvious things (such as watching the children while you pack) here are a few others to consider:



--You have a long list of to-do's when you move (find a home, research then register kids for school, set up utilities, pack, unpack, etc).  How nice not to have to research daycare centers or other childcare options in the middle of all that choas!


--I went to apply for my new State License and to register my car.  Have you ever done that with kids in tow?  Not fun.  Then they tell me I have to take a written test and cannot have my children with me while I take it.  Not so easy to find someone to watch the kids when you don't know anyone.

--Date nights--it takes time to get to know people--especially that you feel comfortable enough to leave your children in their care.







No comments:

Post a Comment